Sunday, November 17, 2013

Back to Business

To quote one of my favorite lines from the ending of Ever After:
"I want you to know that I will forget you after this moment, and never think of you again..." ~ Drew Barrymore as Danielle de Barbarac
The cyber bullies of Goodreads and beyond can only make you a victim if you let them. They can only steal your joy if you let them. And I have too much joy in my life to let that happen. Truly, I am blessed. The people who really know me know the kind of person I am, and it's not a person full of hatred.

Having been personally exposed to their behavior for a short while already has me exhausted. I'm not sure how anyone keeps running at full throttle on such vileness. Maybe it's like crack after a while--the more you spew, the more you become an addict?

I'm choosing to ignore it and focus on the things I love most. I'm no longer using or recommending Goodreads or other websites that are uncontrolled in terms of moderation. I will continue to post articles on specific ways to protect yourself from cyber bullying from time to time. It's something we as writers really should be aware of, just like we should be aware of drugs and all the other dangers we and our children may face.

As in earlier articles I've written, this will also go down as "Things I've Learned...Usually the Hard Way". Happy reading and writing!

~Mysti

No comments:

Post a Comment

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.