Friday, February 8, 2013

Nickel Nasties Series #6 by Donna Michaels


Welcome to the Nickel Nasties series! In celebration of my first scathing Amazon review for A Ranger's Tale (1 in 58 ain't bad), I've decided to devote February to the stories that garner so much stereotype and ridicule, but still comprise one of the world's best-selling genres: ROMANCE! I hope you'll enjoy this series. Please leave comments for the wonderful contributors. And...don't forget to check out their books!

Donna Michaels


Thanks for having me here today, Mysti! I love, love, love romance! A happily-ever-after is a must for me! Sure, I enjoy a tearjerker, a deep romance that draws me in until I can’t breathe…but it has to have a good ending or all the other favorable attributes are suddenly sullied by the unsatisfying ending. No, the hero and heroine do not have to walk down the aisle at the end or even look at the aisle, but they do have to end up together with a solid future ahead of them. When I close the book or Kindle, I look forward to the warm and fuzzies only a good romance can produce!

That’s why I only write romance, and 99% of the books I read are romance. (Once in awhile I’ll grab and Iris Johansen mystery thriller!) Real life sucks sometimes. When I read or write I love to get lost in someone else’ problems and watch them come to a happy ending. Not everyone feels the same. As an author, we’re all susceptible to ‘nickel-nasties’. I certainly understand we can’t please everyone. That our ‘baby’ we’ve formulated, nurtured and watched grow, will not be loved by all. But when you have a bunch of glowing reviews, then get the ‘nastie’, it makes you shake your head. There are some negative reviews that are righteous and some that are just plain attacks.  I always take every review seriously and try to learn from the negative ones. We all know we can edit our work to death, and still miss something. I’ll never stop learning and growing and giving my readers the best possible story I’m capable of at that very moment. My goal is to learn from each writing experience and then write a better book.

My Bio:
I’m an author of Romaginative Fiction—I write romances of mixed genres, heat levels and lengths. My books range from sweet to very hot; short to epic; contemporaries, paranormals, sci-fis, action—all with a bit of spunk and humor tossed in. I have fifteen books out, five of them are novels. The Wild Rose Press and Whimsical Publications are my publishers, and just this past November I released my very first self-published novel, CAPTIVE HERO (Time-shift Heroes Series-Book One).

You’ll notice most of my books have at least one military protagonist—probably because I’ve been married to a military man for nearly 27 years. Kind of spills into my writing like chocolate over fresh raspberries. Yum. We live in northeastern Pennsylvania with our four children and several rescued cats. Never a dull moment in our household.


Captive Hero:
Buy it at Amazon!
When Marine Corps test pilot, Captain Samantha Sheppard accidentally flies back in time and inadvertently saves the life of a WWII VMF Black Sheep pilot, she changes history and makes a crack decision to abduct him back to the present. With the timeline in jeopardy, she hides the handsome pilot at her secluded cabin in the Colorado wilderness.
But convincing her sexy, stubborn captive that he is now in another century proves harder than she anticipated—and soon it becomes difficult to tell who is captor and who is captive when the more he learns about the future, the more Sam discovers about the past, and the soul-deep connection between them.
As their flames of desire burn into overdrive, her flying Ace makes a historical discovery that threatens her family’s very existence. Sam’s fears are taken to new heights when she realizes the only way to fix the time-line is to sacrifice her captive hero...or is it?
Can love truly survive the test of time?         




Buy it at Amazon OR Wild Rose Press!
Cowboy-Sexy:
Finn Brennan was used to his brother playing practical jokes, but this time he’d gone too far--sending him a woman as a ranch hand, and not just a woman, but a Marine.
When Lt. Camilla Walker's CO asks her to help out at his family's dude ranch until he returns from deployment, she never expected to be thrust into a mistaken engagement to his sexy, cowboy twin--a former Navy SEAL who hates the Corps.
The Corps took Finn’s father, his girlfriend and threatened his naval career. He’s worked hard for another shot at getting back to active duty and won’t let his brother’s prank interfere. The last thing he needs is the temptation of a headstrong, unyielding, hot Marine getting in the way.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for this entire series - and especially today's post. I'm loving all the guests (and your blog in general), and new books, and different thoughts on romance. HEA lovers unite! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping in, Allyson!

      My philosophy is: Life's crappy enough. Why not read and write stories with a happy ending? :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for having me here today, Mysti! It's a great topic all romance authors can relate to!

    Thanks for the comment, Allyson! Yes, us HEA lovers must stick together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Donna, I agree. No bad endings in a romance novel. I know it may not depict real life, but that's why we read/write fiction.

    Your books sound very interesting. I'll check them out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Leona.

    Yes, that is exactly why I read and write fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Donna what a lovely way to put it - "the best possible story I'm capable of at that very moment." I'm sticking that up on my quote wall! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Donna - I agree with you that the romance novels I read need to have a HEA since that's why I read them in the first place. If the book even hints at the possibility that a HEA is not going to happen, I stop reading! LOL

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.