It's that time again!!! Unwritten and some 1000 other blogs participated last year, and this year looks to be even bigger!
Just like last year, I'm opening up the blog for my fellow authors/writers/readers to express their creativity and love for our dear alphabet.
As the calendar to your left indicates, every day in April (except Sundays), a new post will be dedicated to a specific letter of the alphabet.
All YOU have to do is pick your letter, sign up for your spot, and write a guest post that pertains to that letter. The choice of subject is all yours, but should revolve around YOU! Here are some ideas and examples to stimulate your noodles (those would fall under N, hee hee):
- Recipes (M for meatloaf, P for Pierogies, etc)
- Animals (I for iguana, G for Guinea Pig)
- Book/Movie Reviews (W for Where the Red Fern Grows, A for Avengers)
- Writing Topics (R for Reviews, O for Outline)
- Favorite Places (K for Kalamazoo, Z for Zanzibar)
- Hobbies (Y for Yarn Dyeing, B for Baking)
The choices are nearly endless, but I want to see your personality! I want to learn something unique about you or something you know. Your post should inspire thoughts like: "Dang, that's one awesome chick." or "I REALLY want meatloaf...now!!!" or "I never realized Chicken, Alaska was known for its polka festival...or that it was a real town for that matter."
Bad example: C is for Cats. I like cats. They are fluffy.
Good example: C is for Calico Cat, like my cousin Jeff's. She lets me rub her belly. And if you've never rubbed a cat's belly, it's like frolicking in the backhair of an angel. (Thanks to The Oatmeal for that one.)
What I need from you:
- One guest post 500 words or less related to the letter you picked.
- Profile pic and short (45-100 word) bio
- Contact links
- Any photos that help illustrate your post (like that mouthwatering meatloaf you made)
- Send everything to mystiparker (at) yahoo (dot) com with A-Z Challenge in the subject line.
If you're up to the challenge, grab a letter (I dare you to pick X) by signing up via the link below. I'm also providing a list so you can see which letter corresponds with each day (and I'll keep it up-to-date as they're assigned):
Sign up HERE: http://doodle.com/gaenp33sauywggnb
April 1-A-Barbara Donlon Bradley
April 2-B-Cristina Rehn
April 3-C-Ian Hall
April 4-D-LM Fields
April 5-E-LY Levand
April 6-F-Debbie Seko
April 8-G-Margaret Fieland
April 9-H-Tori L. Ridgewood
April 10-I-Matt Posner
April 11-J-SC Dane
April 12-K-Pam Turner
April 13-L-Jenny Twist
April 15-M-Racheal Rawlings
April 16-N-John Steiner
April 17-O-Dan Wright
April 18-P-JoAnne Myers
April 19-Q-Jasmine Giacomo
April 20-R-TJ Marshall
April 22-S-Amelia J.
April 23-T-Rebecca Barray
April 24-U-Ey Wade
April 25-V-Tara Fox Hall
April 26-W-Von Rupert
April 27-X-Jenni Gallagher
April 29-Y-Leona Pence
April 30-Z-Mickey Mills