Thursday, April 18, 2013

A-Z Blog Challenge: P is for Poetry and Paintings by JoAnne Myers


It's that time again!!!  Unwritten and some 1000 other blogs participated last year, and this year looks to be even bigger! Just like last year, I've opened up the blog to host 26 fabulous writers, with each day of the challenge representing the letters of the alphabet from A-Z. I've asked each writer to focus on something that is personal to them, so we can learn more about each other. 

Please check out some of the other blogs in the challenge here: 

A-Z BLOG CHALLENGE 2013


P is for...Poetry & Paintings
by JoAnne Myers

I began painting as a child, but my mother disapproved of art calling it dumb and a waste of time.  Because of my mother's negativity toward what I enjoyed, I strayed away from painting and writing poetry. I went on with my life without my passions which were painting and poetry.  I married and raised a family, but never got over my love for art. Since 1997, I have returned to what  I love the most and have got seven books under my belt and dozens of paintings to decorate my walls and occasionally lucky enough to sell.  I love my mother, but nothing is more precious then doing what you enjoy.  





****

I have been a long-time resident of southeastern Ohio, and worked in the blue-collar industry most of my life. Besides having several novels under my belt, I canvass paint.

When not busy with hobbies or working outside the home, I spend time with relatives, my dogs Jasmine and Scooter, and volunteer my time within the community. I am a member of the Hocking Hill's Arts and Craftsmen Association, The Hocking County Historical Society and Museum, and the Hocking Hills Regional Welcome Center. I believe in family values and following your dreams. My original canvass paintings, can be found at: Books and Paintings by JoAnne or http://www.booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com
My poety collection is available at http://www.amazon.com/dp/147837022x
 
My upcoming books are:
“MURDER MOST FOUL,” a crime/detective story
"WICKED INTENTIONS" a collection of paranormal/mysteries
"LOVES', MYTHS' AND MONSTERS'," a fantasy anthology
"THE CRIME OF THE CENTURY," is a biography true-crime
"TWISTED LOVE," is a true crime anthology
“FLAGITIOUS,” is a novella collection
 
 
My website:http://www.booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com

My website Blog: http://www.booksandpaintingsbyjoanne.com/page2
 
 
Buy Link to Poems About Life, Love, and Everything in Between: http://www.amazon.com/dp/147837022x
 

5 comments:

  1. Wow, you certainly made up for lost time when you did follow your dream. I started writing late in life but I didn't realize that I could write until then. I guess all the years of reading kind of paved the way.

    Congratulations on your success.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you leona for your comment and enthusiasm. It is never to late to express one self through what they love.

      Delete
  2. You are amazing! You are immensely talented!! I can't wait to see what the rest of the alphabet brings!
    Connie
    A to Z-ing to the end
    Peanut Butter and Whine

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Connie for you comment. Art is a real joy to do when everything or everyone lets you down. The ways to express one self is never ending.

      Delete
  3. Artist are the person who keep others alive because of them people enjoy there life. I should say JoAnne Myersis good painter I saw her painting they are good. She has skills.

    Gabe Nechamkin

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.