Tuesday, October 8, 2013

A Review of Doppelganger by Jenny Twist

DoppelgangerDoppelganger by Jenny Twist
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I read this short story by Jenny Twist quite a while back when it first appeared in the anthology "Bedtime Shadows". It still sticks with me to this day because of the vivid speculative plot that I've come to love from this author.

Beginning with a suicide attempt, Christine's less than ideal life suddenly turns a 180 when she wakes up in a huge house, in a strange bed, and finds clothes on the floor belonging to a "large, sweaty man". From the first few pages, you're left wanting to know how this story will progress and exactly what Christine has stepped into.

It's definitely one of those stories that make you ponder what might have been in your own life. Plus, I shall forever be cautious with Corcorde Red wine, thanks to Ms. Twist!

Grab a copy and see what I mean...


View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.