Wednesday, August 21, 2013

A Review of "Rescued by a Duke" by Ruth J Hartman

Rescued by a DukeRescued by a Duke by Ruth J. Hartman
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Ruth Hartmans's recent foray into Regency romance has proven successful. I'm so glad I got the chance to read Rescued by a Duke. Though it started out quite dirty...literally.

Sasha Douglas fell into an abandoned well while trying to avoid going to debtor's prison as punishment for her dead brother's debts. Cold, dirty, and injured, she fears no one will hear her screaming for help. But, her prayers are answered as the property owner happens by on his horse, none other than Garrett Rothchild Canterbury, the Duke of Ravensworth.

Garrett feels so guilty about Sasha falling into his well that he takes her back to his home and ensures she is nursed back to health. His parents are dead and his brother is a prodigal son, so Garrett's been running the estate alone. He never had the time or heart to think of marriage. But, fate brought Sasha into his life. Their growing romance is funny, sweet, and touching, but having been lied to so often by her brother, Sasha demands nothing but honesty now. And Garrett's secrets may tear them apart for good.

This story proved to be a quick and lovely read. If I fell into a well, I'd want none other than Garrett to come to my rescue. He's so kind-hearted, you can't help but fall in love with him along with Sasha. And of course, there's Douglas the cat, who provides at least one side-splitting moment. I can always count on Ruth to add a quirky feline to her stories!

The only gripe I had was with the climax. It didn't come as much of a surprise, though the emotions and impact were still there. In fact, I admired how Ruth explored some really heavy issues, while keeping the basic atmosphere of the story lighthearted.

For a sweet romance full of emotion, laughs, and an ending that brings out the "Awww" in you, I highly recommend this book! Go grab a copy today!

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.