TO FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2013
From farm to plate, every food tells a story. So, what's your food story?
I bet most of us don't have to think too hard to recall a fond memory that involved food. Maybe it was your aunt's oh-so-spicy chili that made everyone race to the bathroom at the family reunion.
Or perhaps it was your mama's biscuit recipe that you made as a newlywed and thoroughly impressed your new husband. (Or you might have burned them and cried like I did.)
When I was a kid, I remember Sunday dinners at my granny's house and her famous "porcupine meatballs". The kids were usually banished to the living room and left to fight over the most coveted seats, like the sofa. I don't think I ever graduated from sitting on the floor. At least I had those meatballs for solace.
YOUR assignment, should you choose to accept it, is to tell me a story involving one of your favorite foods or recipes. AND, I want you to share the recipe / where we can purchase it, etc. The story can be fictitious or completely truthful or somewhere in between. Twain it up all you wish!
You've got a few options on how to present your food story & recipe. It can be in these formats:
- Combination of both
The FIRST PLACE winner will have their recipe prepared by me and/or my hubby on video (or we'll do a product review if it's a prepared food we can purchase), and there will be lots of other food-related prizes for 1st, 2nd, AND 3rd place.
|"Man, have I got |
a story for you!"
Let's get specific and throw in some rules:
- This contest is open to ALL writers, no matter the experience level, published or not.
- Stories (not including recipes) should be NO MORE than 1,000 words.
- Videos should be NO MORE than 30 minutes in length (think Rachael Ray).
- NO graphic sex, language, or violence. Mild profanity, hanky-panky, and violence are ok. If you're in doubt, ask me.
Deadline for entries is September 30, 2013 at midnight.***DEADLINE EXTENDED***
TO FRIDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2013 Any stories submitted after that will NOT be considered.
- Beginning September 1, stories/recipes will be posted on my blog in the order they are received. If you wish to submit your story to another publication after this contest, you may request me to NOT publish it unless you win. Some publications do not accept "published" stories (this includes those posted on blogs).
- 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners WILL be posted.
- Prizes - TBA
- Along with your story/recipe, you may submit an author bio (45-100 words), profile pic, and contact links (Facebook, Twitter, blog, etc).
- Please submit ALL entries to me at: email@example.com with My Food Story in the subject line.
I'm excited to see what you all come up with. Enjoy!! ~Mysti