Monday, March 12, 2012

March Author Series #8: Not What I Expected by Raven McAllan

Have you ever started writing in one genre and later on, decided that you actually should write in a completely different one? Such is the case with Raven McAllan. Read on and see what I mean...


Not What I Expected

So as I sit and watch the sun go down over the ocean, a hot and I mean HOT, bod walks past me and winks…

 "Honey, you up for it?"

 Ahhh…

Sod it, I woke up. Yeah, I'm by the ocean and yeah there are some hot-bods…. But I can only look…and dream.

 Why, when I was so young was I so innocent? After all giving away my secrets, I was a child of the sixties… but they passed my home town by… no bra burning, no free love and no waccy baccy. So at an older age… lol… I started to write erotic romance.

 I always wrote. Ever since I was young and won the Where does Chocolate Come From two years on the trot. The prize was chocolate, a big incentive to an ardent chocolate lover.

Sadly at my senior school, they didn't like stories… and I had then hammered (not literally) out of me.
 Then oh so many years later, I discovered my voice. Which is so not what I expected it to be. Hott-ish, erotic, and oh how I love it. And to be told by a so-called friend my books are disgusting had me in tears of laughter. One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist!

So pleased to meet you.

I'm Raven McAllan… peddler of … well you decide. So will I post you a picture? Not in a million years. You need some illusions intact.

 Will I post my covers? You bet… er if I find out how to… (you get the gist) we did computer programming at school, I dogged the lessons. Er dogged= skipped=bunked off.. And Computers? Think house-sized lol.

 So far I have been lucky enough to have 5 books published, with more on the way.

Wallflowers Don't Wilt
To Please A Lady
Almost Entente Cordiale
All regency.

AND
The Price to Pay…
contemporary Cougar

Taken Identity
Contemporary romantic mystery

And on 16th March
I'm in the Virgins Behaving Badly anthology

 So if you want to learn more


happy reading.

5 comments:

  1. "One man's freedom fighter is another man's terrorist!"

    So true! There is a place on the bookshelf for everyone. If there is a reader for it, it will be written. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, it's a great quote! Keep peddling, Raven ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the quote Raven! And you have a lovely voice, so glad you discovered it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool you discovered your voice even in the face of all that criticism. Covers look great, btw. Good titles too.

    Kudos to hanging in there and following your dream.

    Laurel

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.