Thursday, February 20, 2014

Characters in Love: Hadrian from Journey to Rome & Hadrian's Rome

Welcome to Unwritten's 
February Blog Series
 Characters in Love! 
Each day will feature a different fictional character from various books and genres, and a personal interview about their love lives. It's sure to be enlightening, and if you find yourself dying to know more about them, pick up a copy of the the book! 




Today, let's welcome soon to be Emperor of Rome - Hadrian from Journey to Rome & Hadrian's Rome:

1.     Please tell us a little about yourself.

I am Hadrian -- next in line to be Emperor of First Century Rome.

2.     How/where did you first meet your love interest?

The first time I saw the healer, Reisha, I was injured and close to death.

3.     Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?

            I have never met a female so independent, intelligent, or strong-willed.  She drives me to distraction with her infernal badgering.  I grant her this but still she wants that. 
       
4.     When did you know for certain that you were in love?

            She badgered me to give her a soldier’s uniform.  Who ever heard of a woman in a Roman uniform!  She would not give up and soon drove me to shout at her loud enough to wake the camp!  I finally relented and from that moment forward, my heart was hers.

5.     Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice versa)?

            I have no choice but to become engaged to my distant cousin, by order of Emperor Trajan.  No matter what I say or do, Reisha will not consent to become my mistress. 

6.     Has anyone ever come between you?

        Certainly not!  I see my officers cast longing glances at her. My most trusted Praetorian Guard, Pailief, watches over Reisha for me.           

7.     If you could take your lover on the perfect date, where would that be?

        Do you suppose I have not already done this?  Her favorite site in Rome is the Pantheon, home of the Roman gods.  I arranged a private supper with delicacies from the four corners of the Empire, such as bananas, oranges, chocolate,  lobster, shrimp, and ice cream.  I offered my love to her, but she refused.  She will not consent to be my mistress.   

8.     Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?

     Ha!  Everything.  But especially her stubbornness drives me insane. 

9.     What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple?

     With Reisha, there is no compromise.  She refuses to accept my offers of jewels, servants, my personal villa, travel, and advanced medical training with my top military physicians.  Still she will not settle for anything less than marriage.

10.   Is there a happily ever after in store for you?

      My campaign of force has not worked.  Perhaps I should create a new battle plan, one that will convince Reisha to be my life’s companion.

********************************************************************

If you are interested in reading more of Hadrian and Reisha’s love story you can find them at Smashwords.com and Amazon.com





Many Bright Blessings,

LK

4 comments:

  1. Mysti,
    You do a great service for writers by allowing us a place to post our stories.

    I know this takes a lot of your valuable time, so THANK YOU!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's always my pleasure, Linda! I wouldn't have gotten anywhere without all the help of others, so I want to pay it forward. ~Mysti

      Delete
  2. I should sympathize with Hadrian. I don't know what it would take to change Reisha's mind. She is definitely a determined woman, more intent on getting an education in medicine than any romance.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Even though I consider you a bit heavy-handed and egotisical, Hadrian, I still have heart palpatations when I read about you. I can tell you truly care for Reisha, but is being Emperor really more important than true love?

    Both books about you and Reisha have been very good.You are charming in spite of yourself.

    Leona

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.