Monday, February 24, 2014

Characters in Love: Juniper Sawfeather from Cry of the Sea

Welcome to Unwritten's 
February Blog Series
 Characters in Love! 

Each day will feature a different fictional character from various books and genres, and a personal interview about their love lives. It's sure to be enlightening, and if you find yourself dying to know more about them, pick up a copy of the the book! 



Today, let's welcome Juniper Sawfeather from Cry of the Sea:

1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Juniper Sawfeather. Everybody calls me June.  I’m 17 and a senior in high school in Olympia, WA. My parents are kind of famous environmental activists, and that has made me pretty unpopular. I’m proud of them, but I am hoping after high school to get as far away from them as possible.

2. How/where did you first meet your love interest?
I met Carter on the same morning I found the three mermaids dying on the beach during the oil spill. My dad and I were at the beach to document the oil spill.  When we brought the mermaids to the nearest Sea Mammal Rescue Center, Carter was the one who let us in. He’s just an intern there, because he’s a Freshman at Washington University.

3. Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?
I looked horrible when I first met him, so I’m pretty sure it was a “no” for him. There was an emergency going on, so when I first met him I was kind of a jerk because I wanted Dr. Schneider to be at the center not this inexperienced “kid”.  He wound up being super helpful, though, and he was nice to me. Once things calmed down, I couldn’t help but notice how handsome he was.  He was also really well spoken, smart, and not inexperienced at all.

4. When did you know for certain that you were in love?
 It took me awhile because we were so caught up in trying to help the mermaids. I think when I was blabbering on about wanting to leave Washington after I graduated and he seemed really disappointed that I wanted to do that, that’s when I realized he might have feelings for me, and that I might have feelings for him too.

5. Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice versa)? 
Well, I’m in high school and he’s not. I’m also pretty hot-tempered, and he’s cool as a bean.  I might have said some stupid things that turned him off or made him think I was too immature for him.

6. Has anyone ever come between you? 
Just the situation. He doesn’t like my high school friends and thinks they are annoying. The pressure from my parents about what to do about the mermaids and the oil spill caused us to have a pretty bad argument and we didn’t talk for a day or two.

7. If you could take your lover on the perfect date, where would that be?
Gosh, I think it might have to be scuba diving. Our little moment in the tank with our scuba gear on, helping to get the oil off the mermaid was so exciting. I’d love to go somewhere with him like the Australian Coral Reefs and really swim around with him and then relax on a bright, sunny, hot beach afterward.

8. Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?
It’s funny to call him a lover, because we’re just starting out and all. I think I annoy him more than the other way around.  His great adoration for my father gets on my nerves though.  It’s hard to complain about how your dad is driving you crazy when your boyfriend thinks your dad is his hero.

9. What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple? 
Our whole relationship so far has been about trying to rescue the mermaids. I’m kind of curious as to what will happen to us when life is sort of normal.  Will it work or do we need the drama?

10. Is there a happily ever after in store for you?
Oh, I hope so. I think if it works out, I might decide to stay in Washington after all. It’s looking good.

Read all about June, Carter, and the mermaids they set out to rescue in Cry of the Sea by D.G. Driver, just released TODAY!!! 


4 comments:

  1. Hey, Mysti,

    Great interview--Just wanted to let you know that the link to the website doesn't work--it is missing and 'e' between the 'c' and 'y'.

    Tiggs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the catch Tiggs!! I fixed it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice interview, June. It sure would be exciting to find mermaids. I hope everything works out between you and Carter, but you are pretty young to make a life choice.

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I knew mermaids existed! Nice interview.

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.