Thursday, February 6, 2014

Characters in Love: Riley Nolan from Beneath the Scars

Welcome to Unwritten's 
February Blog Series
 Characters in Love! 
Each day will feature a different fictional character from various books and genres, and a personal interview about their love lives. It's sure to be enlightening, and if you find yourself dying to know more about them, pick up a copy of the the book! 


Today, let's welcome Riley Nolan from Beneath the Scars:


1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Riley and I was in the Marines. I was serving when I was involved in an explosion leaving me covered in scars. Till Eponine moved into my apartment complex my sister was the only person I talked to. I also wish I could blink and my apartment would be magically cleaned.

2. How/where did you first meet your love interest?
I had seen Eponine a couple of times in the apartment complex we both live in, but we met briefly because of her sister. I made the mistake of leaving my apartment to get the mail and her sister ran into me. She made some comments about my scars and Eponine made her apologize which I returned by shutting the door in their face.

3. Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?
Probably a little more of attraction at first because it took me back that someone like her would be so nice to me, it had been awhile since I was treated like that, let alone by a woman.

4. When did you know for certain that you were in love?
Is there really a single moment that makes a person go, 'now I love that person'? When we started to go on our runs though, we would slowly open up to each other. She invited me into her home, and broke down in front of me. She pushed my buttons in addition to my comfort zone.

5. Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice versa)?
My own anger and resentment towards the world kept me from getting to know anyone. I was short with her and a real Oscar the Grouch.

6. Has anyone ever come between you?
One name. Blake. He and Eponine went out. He has a nice car and looks like he just walked off the set of Abercrombie photo shoot. Plus his attitude almost got in the way a few times.

7. If you could take your lover on the perfect date, where would that be?
I'm pretty bad at romantic gestures. I would say I'd either cook her dinner in since she's always the one cooking and taking care of others. If I had to take her out though I would say on a nice spring day I'd send her sister to her friend's to play. Then I would pack up a picnic basket hide it in my truck and surprise Eponine with a picnic at a beach to get her away from everything.

8. Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?
If you love someone you take the good and the bad. She probably takes more bad than good with me. However she seems to know every button to push with me. Eponine is blunter than I was used to. She also does not let things sit with me, she will push and push till she gets whatever she wanted me to say. Sometimes a man just wants to be left alone.

9. What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple?
Other than my temper I would say my self-consciousness. My body is forever covered in burn scars and it still makes me nervous to go out in public. There is also the threat that to her sister couple be taken away by family services.

10. Is there a happily ever after in store for you?
I'm hoping, but you will have to read to see.

Will Riley and Eponine stay together? Find out at the links below:

Buy Links:
Smashwords $1.99
Nook $1.99
BN paperback $9.66 (on sale from $10.99)
Amazon paperback $9.66 (on sale from $10.99)
Kindle $1.99

6 comments:

  1. Intriguing character, and now I'm curious...

    Stan
    (SS Hampton, Sr., author)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting read. I'm pulling for poor Riley.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Again thanks Mysti this was a fun idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very interesting interview. I sure hope the story has a happy every after ending. May I ask how you pronounce Eponine?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Riley, nice to meet you. I have a son in the military, so I am especially interested in your plight. I'm rootine for you and Eponine.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Riley,

    A story about a beautiful, caring woman chipping away at an injured Marine's ice packed heart, does it get better than that?

    I'm definitely interested.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.