Saturday, February 22, 2014

Characters in Love: Sarrelle McGarran from Point of No Return

Welcome to Unwritten's 
February Blog Series
 Characters in Love! 
Each day will feature a different fictional character from various books and genres, and a personal interview about their love lives. It's sure to be enlightening, and if you find yourself dying to know more about them, pick up a copy of the the book! 




Today, let's welcome Sarelle McGarran from Point of No Return:

Interviewer: Please tell us a little about yourself.

Sar: My full name is Sarelle O’Connor. I’m early 30s, with long dark blond hair and green eyes. I used to live on an old horse farm in New York, and work part time at a metal fabrication shop. You could say I was something of a tomboy, equally at home working outside or inside in the kitchen. Now I work part time helping my husband Theo and my Oathed One Danial with the latter’s detective business, Solutions, Inc. I have two children, Elle, and Theoron.

Interviewer:  How/where did you first meet your love interest?

Sar: This is complicated, as there are currently three (laughs nervously) yes, really! I was a widow when I met the vampire Danial…God, it seems like years ago. Our brief romance combusted pretty spectacularly after only a few months, and I ended up in love with his best friend, the werecougar Theo. When Theo went missing, it was Danial who helped me put the pieces back together, and raise Theo’s daughter, Elle. When I found out Theo was alive over a year later, I went to find him, unaware that I had a contract hit out on me. Devlin, Danial’s vampire brother, saved my life. He and I got closer in the following months, even though we’d been enemies at the start. (pauses). Knowing Danial started it all. I met Theo and Devlin through him.

Interviewer: Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?

Sar: (Smiles) With Danial, yes, it was something like love at first sight. With Theo, not at all. If we hadn’t
shared a dream through the unwitting help of a friend’s spell, we’d never have been more than friends. Devlin…well, Devlin was always attractive, but I never felt romantic towards him, until we got closer after he saved my life. But we always had sexual chemistry, yes.

Interviewer: When did you know for certain that you were in love?

Sar: With each man the timing was different. But I’d been married before meeting Danial, so I knew what love felt like.

Interviewer: Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice versa)?

Sar: (expression darkens) I knew this was coming. Yes, with all of them, and vice versa. That’s all I’m comfortable saying, really. It’s too painful, and it would take up hours to go into it all, anyway.

Interviewer: Has anyone ever come between you?

Sar: Okay, you’re going to persist until I say something juicy. How’s this? Theo came between Danial and I, but only because I was already having doubts about the difference in our lifespans. He came between Danial and I again, when he came back into my life after going missing for close to 2 years. And Devlin recently came between Theo and I, but only because Theo was off chasing another woman, because he got ensnared in a love spell. (pauses) I’m not a perfect woman, but I do try to keep my honor, for whatever that’s worth to you.

Interviewer: If you could take your lover on the perfect date, where would that be?

Sar: (faint smile) I’d be happy doing anything, really. I don’t need a fancy restaurant, or an exotic location, or a dozen roses. But anything? I’d like to go to Letchworth state park and stay in the stone house within the park, and spend time walking the trails, looking at the stars and the scenery, and eating indulgent food. That’s my idea of a dream vacation.

Interviewer: Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?

Belt buckle from beltbucklesshop.co.uk
Sar: (Laughs) Danial works incessantly, Devlin’s mood swings and tendencies to melancholy thoughts are hard to take, and Theo’s jealousy and short temper cause a lot of problems.

Interviewer: What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple?

Sar: For Danial and I, it used to be that he was going to live forever and not age, and I would. But that’s no longer a problem. For Devlin, it’s his libido, which I think is going to cause us trouble down the road. For Theo, it’s the situation with Danial and Devlin, that I need regular infusions of their blood to survive. My blood was always resistant to the vampire virus, the component in a vampire’s blood/body that makes a human a vampire with repeated exposure. But after my first child—half vampire—my body is different now, and needs that to keep working. Otherwise, I’ll begin to sicken and eventually die.

Interviewer: Is there a happily ever after in store for you?

Sar: (tentative smile): I’d like to hope there is.

Interviewer: One more question, please. With the recent events above, it seems like you’re in a corner, trying to make a bad situation work that has no real way to get resolved. Do you feel that way, too? If you agree, please explain. And if not, tell us why. Also, is there a way to get you out of the corner?


Sar: (brushing away a tear) I do feel like that, yes. As for a solution…I used to be sure there was one. Now I’m not. But I’m not going to give up on looking for one. (forces a smile). There will be a happy ever after for me and the men I love, if I have anything to say about it.

Will Sas ever find her happy ever after, and with whom? Catch up with Sar and her three rival lovers in the Promise Me Series by Tara Fox Hall at any of these links:

Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Point-No-Return-Promise-Me-ebook/dp/B00IDNK1SM/
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Point-No-Return-Promise-Me-ebook/dp/B00IDNK1SM/
Melange Books (PDF and HTML): http://www.melange-books.com/authors/tarafoxhall/pointofnoreturn.html
Barnes and Noble:
Lulu (print copies) : http://www.lulu.com/shop/tara-fox-hall/point-of-no-return/paperback/product-21444351.html

6 comments:

  1. That's an interesting take on the vampire theme. Her blood is resistant and she has a half vampire child. Yes, having kids does alter your body, poor thing. I need to look into this book, Tara.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aubrey! Yes, I wanted something different than the usual two results of a vampire-human romance (she becomes a vampire or stays completely human and eventually dies). And no haunting nightclubs every night for blood LOL :)

      Delete
  2. Great interview! I like how you've summarized the situation, because I am definitely invested in these characters!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for having me at Unwritten today, Mysti! :)

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.