Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Characters in Love: Nick Spinelli from Craving Vengeance - A Nick Spinelli Mystery

Welcome to Unwritten's 
February Blog Series
 Characters in Love! 

Each day will feature a different fictional character from various books and genres, and a personal interview about their love lives. It's sure to be enlightening, and if you find yourself dying to know more about them, pick up a copy of the the book! 



Today, let's welcome Nick Spinelli from Craving Vengeance, a Nick Spinelli Mystery

1.     Please tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Nick Spinelli, but most people just call me Spinelli.  I’m a homicide detective for the Milwaukee, WI, Police Department. 

2.     How/where did you first meet your love interest?
I met Shannon O’Hara at work.  When my first partner/mentor retired, my female ball-busting boss wasn’t quite sure what to do with me so she assigned me to help in the Social Service/Child Placement Department.  It was a temporary assignment for the Christmas season.  My duties were to assist Social Worker O’Hara during her home visits in the less than desired neighborhoods. 

3.     Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?
Admittedly, it was.  Even with our rocky start, I just couldn’t seem to help myself.  However, no matter what I did in the beginning, I couldn’t seem to get it right.  Shannon grew angrier and angrier at me with each passing moment.  Things got a little better though after I saved her life.

4.     When did you know for certain that you were in love?
I knew I was in love with her from the first moment I looked into her bright emerald green gaze.  I didn’t want to be, I tried to fight it, but the forces of nature had different plans for me.

5.     Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice versa)?
Well….you see….Shannon and I have different philosophies on how to deal with Shannon’s clientele.  I guess you could say that my approach for dealing with her less than desired clientele is a bit more blunt and harsh than hers.  But then again, she’s the one who’s been trained in regard to how to deal with these types of people and situations. 

6.     Has anyone ever come between you?
Unfortunately, recently, we had just a teensy issue with one of my past girlfriends, and some of Shannon’s past love interests.  No, neither of us cheated on each other, but this group sure tried to mess things up between me and Shannon.

7.     If you could take your lover on the perfect date, where would that be?
I’m a simple guy, pizza and beer would be great, but Shannon’s a little deeper than that so I’ll have to think on it for a while.  Maybe you guys could offer some suggestions. 

8.     Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?
Yes. **sigh**.  She always has to talk about everything…every little thing.  In my opinion, there doesn’t have to be an underlying reason for every event that occurs.   Sometimes things just happen and no analysis is needed.

9.     What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple?
In addition to our different philosophies for dealing with people, we’ve had the usual couples stuff going on, you know, some murders, and kidnappings.  Nothing we can’t handle.

10.  Is there a happily ever after in store for you?
I think you know the answer to this question but you’ll have to read the series to find outJ

Find out what's in store for Nick and Shannon in Craving Vengeance, a Nick Spinelli Mystery by Valerie  J. Clarizio: 

2 comments:

  1. Hi Val,
    Loved Nick and Shannon's journey. Keep them coming. And nice interview.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lily. I appreciate you stopping by. I have a feeling we'll be hearing more from Spinelli and Shannon.

      Delete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.