Thursday, February 27, 2014

Characters in Love: Samantha from The Goddess's Choice

Welcome to Unwritten's 
February Blog Series
 Characters in Love! 
Each day will feature a different fictional character from various books and genres, and a personal interview about their love lives. It's sure to be enlightening, and if you find yourself dying to know more about them, pick up a copy of the the book! 




Today, let's welcome Samantha from The Goddess's Choice:


1. Please tell us a little about yourself.
My name is Samantha, and I’m the seventeen-year-old heir to the throne of Korthlundia. Since my father, the king, is eighty-nine, I suppose I’ll have to take over pretty soon. I don’t know what I’ll do without him. My father and I have always been close—maybe because it’s always been just the two of us. My mother died in childbirth. Because I am his only heir, my father raised me more like a son than a daughter. He insisted I start weapons training as soon as I was old enough to hold a sword, and I’m more skilled than at least half the Royal Guard—or so I’m told. I’m most at home on horseback, and I don’t give a fig for fashion and gossip. I’m on the short side, and my chest is flatter than I’d like it, but you can’t have everything, even if you are a princess. I have freckles on my nose that I’m rather fond of, even if they aren’t fashionable.

2. How/where did you first meet your love interest?
I met him at a horse fair. I sneaked out of the palace with my father’s Master of the Horse to go to the Coan Valley Horse Fair so that I could get a decent horse. My father insists I ride a tame lady’s mare, which is no fun. When I first saw the exotic peasant boy with dark skin and green eyes, I felt my heart flutter. I had to find out more. He liked horses as much as I do, and as impossible as it seems, he rides a Horsetad; no one has tamed a Horsetad in over 1000 years. I knew then that he had to have magical power. He helped me pick out the perfect horse, and we danced together, despite the fact that he was terrible at it, and I didn’t know the dances. I never had as much fun with anybody in my life.

3. Was it love (or attraction) at first sight?
Definitely. Robbie is both the most attractive and most interesting man I’ve ever met.

4. When did you know for certain that you were in love?
That night I met him when I returned to the palace, I couldn’t stop thinking of him, and he filled my dreams. Of course, the heir to the throne could not marry a peasant boy, but if I could marry for love, I knew that first night that Robbie was the man I wanted.

5. Have you done anything to compromise your love (or vice versa)?
Well, I did get betrothed to another man. I had to. Since my father’s so old, he was pressuring me to marry. He thinks I need a consort to rule beside me. Some people aren’t happy with the idea of a female ruler. Fortunately, I found out Argblutal’s character before we were married, but it was a close thing.

6. Has anyone ever come between you?
Only the entire joined kingdoms. Everyone knows that a princess can’t marry a peasant even if he is a sorcerer. My father hinted that I could maybe take Robbie as a lover, but I need to marry someone with noble blood.

8. Is there anything your lover does that completely annoys you?
Calls himself a demon. For some reason, he was convinced that his powers come from the seven hells instead of from the goddess, but I knew better.

9. What's the biggest challenge you've faced together as a couple?
Defeating the man that murdered my father and attempted to usurp my throne.

10. Is there a happily ever after in store for you?
I certainly hope so. Maybe a peasant sorcerer can marry a princess if he helps save her throne.

 Want to know if Samantha and Robbie get their ever after? Read The Goddess's Choice by Jamie Marchant to find out:



No comments:

Post a Comment

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.