Saturday, January 1, 2011

Anna James' Entry

From Guilty As Charged - Bradford Sisters Trilogy #1

“Excuse me, can I help you?” The man turned around and gave Nicole a brilliant smile. She frowned. “M-Max? But how? I thought you were out of the country?”

“Not any more,” he drawled. He walked slowly to where she was standing, never once dropping his gaze from her. “You know, my brother didn’t do you justice when he described you. You’re not just beautiful—you’re gorgeous.”

Nicole’s eyes widened in astonishment. She didn’t quite know how to respond to a statement like that. No one had ever said anything like that to her before. She lowered her lashes and murmured hesitantly, “Thank you.”

She had always thought that Max was good-looking, but to see him in person, he was spectacular. He was taller than his brother Reed. His eyes were a deep blue and mesmerizing, which drew her eyes back to his. His hair was thick, luxuriant and midnight black. She itched to run her fingers through it.

He tucked a stray lock of her own rich, chestnut hair behind her ear. The small gesture made her realize just how close he was to her; close enough that she could smell a hint of the expensive cologne he was wearing. She inhaled deeply. His head lowered to hers. He’s going to kiss me, she acknowledged inwardly. And I’m not going to try and stop him because I want him to. From the first moment she’d seen him in the picture on Reed’s desk, she’d wondered what it would be like to be kissed by him. His lips met hers and she closed her eyes and gave herself up to pure bliss. Her arms wrapped around his neck of their own accord and he pulled her closer. He’s an incredible kisser, she acknowledged dizzily, and that was the last coherent thought she had as he deepened the kiss.

They broke apart at the sound of someone clearing their throat.

Nicole turned to see Reed standing in the doorway with an inquiring look on his face.

Max let go of her immediately and walked away. “Ah, Reed…”

“Well, it looks like you two have met so I’ll spare you the introduction.” His comment was directed more to Max than Nicole.

Nicole, who was mortified, could not speak. What the hell was I doing just now? For goodness sakes, I’ve only just met the man and I was kissing him like…

“This is some fiancée you have, Reed. Or am I jumping the gun here?” Max bit out savagely.

“What?” both Nicole and Reed said in disbelief.

Max turned and looked at Nicole. “For someone who agreed to marry my brother not more than twelve hours ago you certainly had no qualms about-”

“What are you talking about? I am not marrying your brother.”

“Oh really?”

“Yes, really!”

“Max, before you say anything else and make a complete fool of yourself, I think you‘d better listen to what I have to say.” Natalie and Katie walked into the room from the hall.

Max looked at him expectantly.

“This is my fiancée, Natalie,” he said, putting his arm around Natalie’s waist, “and this is Katie, Nat’s sister.”

Max turned around to look at Nicole, eyes blazing with fury. “Well, who the hell are you?”

“Nicole,” she answered defensively.

****

Hi Everyone,
I’m Anna James, author of contemporary stories and I invite you to get lost in a world filled with desire, passion and romance!
Although I have been writing for years, my first story wasn’t published until July 2010. I have seven novel / novellas currently available. Check out my website for more details.
I have a degree in Mechanical Engineering and worked in that field until six years. These days I am a Product Marketing Manager by day and writer by night.
I was born in Connecticut, grew up in the Buffalo New York area and moved back to Connecticut for college. I still live in Connecticut today with my husband and children.

To Love and Trust Again: Find it HERE!


4 comments:

  1. Awesome entry and great book. Can't wait for third installment.

    Marika Weber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely excerpt, Anna. Very good choice

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo…tasty! I sense twins! Very promising…I like mistaken identities. I like this one, too! Decisions, decisions...

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.