Thursday, January 20, 2011

It is Finished!

Final edits of "A Ranger's Tale" are in and I can breathe easier. Until release day, that is. When you write a book, it's like putting a piece of yourself up for display to the world. That's a pretty daunting thought when all is said and done.

However, it feels good to have finally finished something that I've been working on for over a year, something that's consumed the vast majority of my thought process during that time. Now, I just let em go, and move on to Book 2. These characters are already screaming at me for their chance to shine.

So, whilst I sit and brew the virus my petri-dishes (I mean, kids) brought home, and whilst (love that word--don't you) the kids are out for yet ANOTHER snow day, I think I'll catch up on some reading/critiquing and some assignments for my online writing course. And I might even get a nap--provided the two year old will take one too.

7 comments:

  1. Hey Mysti,

    Congrats of finishing the edits. I'm proud of you.
    There's an award waiting for you on my blog:
    http://novel-moments.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an honor! Thanks so much Liz. I'll pay it forward soon :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats Mysti!
    I was wondering where you've disappeared to. This is a well deserved break. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Akoss! I took a warm bath a while ago. It was nice :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats Misti:) You made it...I'm almost there!

    EL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mysti, I always knew you could do it. :))

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks guys! I'm going to try catching up on blog posts today. Be prepared :)

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.