Saturday, January 1, 2011

Reviews for "A Ranger's Tale"

Reviews for A Ranger’s Tale :

Nora Weston (author of Guardian 2632 and The Twelfth Paladin) rated it 

…Secrets, revenge, and escape from both real and internal prisons are all accounted for in this wildly enjoyable tale.

The way grief, regret, and guilt affect A Ranger Tale’s characters make the story easy to relate to….When you start reading this wonderful tale, make sure to give yourself time to dive in, because you will not want to put it down.
…If you crave adventure, need to escape Mundaneville...and love a good romance, pick up your copy of A Ranger’s Tale. 

Rachel Dimaggio rated it 
As posted on Freelance and Fiction
Mysti Parker’s novel has a lot to offer, whether or not you usually read fantasy!

…There are plenty of unexpected twists in A Ranger’s Tale, and I enjoyed being surprised by them! Parker’s descriptions create a vivid world that drew me into the story. Caliphany’s struggle for love is skillfully woven into the fantasy setting. Although this is a fantasy romance, neither genre overpowers the other. Instead, they work in harmony.

…If you're looking for an entertaining, heartwarming romance with fantasy elements, this is one book you should definitely seek out!

Lyn Horner (author of Darlin’ Druid) rated it 
Mysti Parker is a very promising new talent. Her prose flows smoothly and is well edited. Equally important, she displays terrific imagination, having created a fantasy world that drew me in almost immediately.
…Now I'm anxious for the next book in the series. I'm sure it will be just as exciting as the first.

Chris Bails rated it 
This is a book that i won from a blog of Misty Baker's and absolutely loved it. I finished it in a day because it was so good. I can't wait for the next one to come out and i hope it is soon. Mysti is a new author for me and would love to read more from her. If you like paranormal you will love this book and author. The characters are great. I liked Galadin and Caliphany. They were great and had great chemistry.


 Wendy Mitchell rated it 

As posted on You Gotta Read Reviews

… Myriad adventures and discoveries begin for Cali and Galadin in an often hostile but beautiful and fantastical world of magic, mystical beings and love.

This was a difficult review because this is not normally a genre that I would choose, so I was completely surprised by how involved I became in the story. The fantastical world created by the author became very real to me and as a reader that is a very good thing…


Jane rated it 
This was a pretty good book. The story was quick-paced and interesting and was an easy, fast read. …All in all, a pleasant, fun read.

Anna James (author of Isabella’s Dilemma, Guilty as Charged, and Coming Home) rated it 
A Ranger’s Tale – by Mysti Parker
Fantasy Romance
Melenge-Books (
www.melange-books.com)
Rating: ****

A Ranger’s Tale is a must read!

If you are a lover of romance stories and especially if you love fantasy romance then I recommend adding this book to your list of summer reads.

…The story is filled with lots of action and twists and turns I could not have predicted. The issues the characters face are contemporary: loyalty, trust, betrayal, forgiveness and undying love.

If you are looking for that epic love story you will find it in a Ranger’s Tale.

A Ranger’s Tale is the first in the Tallenmere series and a great read. 


Ruth Hartman (author of My Life in Mental Chains, Pillow Talk, Flossophy of Grace, and Purrfect Voyage) rated it 
A Ranger's Tale was fastastic! I couldn't wait to see what happened next :)


Reviewed at: C&R Romance Book Reviews
Reviewed by: Babs

… For me the secrets that we find out about made the book happen. There were some twists that keep you on the edge of your seat. 

Jayne Fordham rated it 
Read in April, 2011

…I enjoyed Caliphany and Galadin’s adventures and how Caliphany transforms from elegant royalty into a strong independent woman with the help of Galadin. The setting for this fantasy story is quite different to what I have read previously. I don’t think I have ever read a story where the elves are the main characters and it provides a nice spin to typical fantasy stories.

…it kept me turning the pages until the very end as I rooted for Galadin to make it back to Caliphany. A Ranger’s Tale is a really enjoyable read and i recommend it to any fantasy romance fan. 


Jenny Twist (author of Take One at Bedtime) rated it 

Read in May, 2011

…This is a fast-paced action story with a strong love interest set against the Tolkienesque background of Mysti’s fantasy world of Tallenmere. 

…The issues in this novel – the breaking of parental bonds, dealing with betrayal and guilt, and ultimately the choice between two good men – are timeless, and the resolution is very satisfying…


Jody rated it 
This is a highly emotional story based in the world of magic and mystical creatures that puts you through the wringer and leaves you exhausted after turning the final page.

…The world that Ms. Parker creates is full of exotic creatures like elves, trolls, and goblins and each brings extra excitement to the story. The use of magic ups the action and keeps you on the edge of your seat. The scenes involving its use leave your heart pounding. Each of the creatures in this world are unique and even though the story has lots of characters they're easy to remember because of their vivid descriptions. 

This is an exciting world full of action and likable characters and a great start to a new series. When you're not cheering for true love to win, you're crying over the obstacles impeding true love. I'm excited to visit these characters again and will definitely pick up the next book in the series and recommend this book to get your first taste of this magical world.

Karen Daniels rated it 
Before I read "A Ranger's Tale" I was not a great fan of the fantasy genre. I would bypass it at the bookstore and head straight for the romance aisle. But the talent of Mysti Parker has changed that with her brilliant mixture of both genre's in this new exciting and touching novel.

Her main characters Caliphany and Galadin are strong, each in their own way. They let us into their world of elves, warriors, kings and queens. Their budding love story will make it hard to put the book down. Each chapter brings its own surprises and unexpected twists. A marvelous mix of individuals comes together to make this book unforgettable. Thanks Mysti Parker for opening up a new world to me…

Cindy Borgne rated it 
Good Book Alert Review by Cindy Borgne

A Ranger's Tale by Mysti Parker 4.5 stars.

The story beings at the point where Caliphany realizes she doesn’t want to be a mage, and she has had enough of her father trying to control her. I enjoyed her take charge attitude. Anytime someone tried to make her do something she didn’t like, she instead took things into her own hands. Not with always with a good outcome, but that’s all the better.

…I found myself wanting Caliphany and Galadin to be together shortly after they meet, and I’m sure this is exactly where the author wanted me to be. But no, that would be too easy, and things are not easy for Galadin and Caliphany. Many obstacles keep them out of each other’s reach. This made me keep turning the pages, wanting to know how they would ever end up being together.

…The story is written in first person, and it also switches viewpoint characters. At first I feared being jarred by numerous viewpoints in first person, however, this didn’t happen. All the viewpoints worked perfectly for this story. I didn’t find it jarring at all. The entire story flows very smoothly.

… I highly recommend “A Ranger’s Tale.” 


Steph rated it 
…I honestly didn’t expect to love this book so much. I expected to enjoy it, but not to like…love it. It’s been a long time since I’ve felt sad that a book is ending.

What I liked most about the book was how easily Mysti built the world around her characters – from names of places, months, and plants, everything felt as though it should be there, has been there all along, and will always be there. The description is not overwhelming, but enough to paint a vivid picture.

The characters are well developed, three dimensional and they grow on you.
…There’s some hotness in there as well. Nicely done, may I add. Not too graphic, not too tame, just enough to get the idea across and the heart racing.

The support characters are also very well done – the world is lively and natural and I guess that’s what drew me in the most.

Would I recommend it? Of course. This is one of the books that I’ll most definitely pick off the shelf and read again. So, if you haven’t already, pick up a copy of A Rangers Tale and join the magic.

Lindsey rated it 
This story made me a fan of fantasy romance. This one right here. The author has created a rich and detailed setting called Tallenmere, and it jumps right off the page because of the stellar writing. Caliphany and Galadin are realistically flawed, but likeable characters. Their romance was sweet, yet hot. I loved every second of their relationship, adventures, and challenges. Read this - it won't disappoint!


Linda rated it 

…Mysti Parker pens her first book in the series and introduced readers to a very talented pirate turned ranger and a confused niece of the king of Leogard.
…She never expected to fall in love with a pirate full of secrets! Black magic meets white magic and Cali must summon all her skills to save the man [she loves]...


Fantastic Read!

I really enjoyed this Fantasy, Wizards, mages, spells, and magical powers with lots of action entrances you right away and the romance was weaved within the story perfectly as were the love scenes that were described with creatively written clean taste that left you with all kinds of erotic visions to imagine.

…Cali and Galadin’s adventure is exciting, intense, and shocking as their romance blooms. The story is full of friendship, love, betrayal, loyalty, and death. The ending was very intense but glad it finally ended in a HEA.


Toni Sweeney rated it 
As posted on http://www.tonivsweeney.com

…MY OPINION:  There’s a question here of who the “Ranger” of the title is…is it Galadin or Cali?  Both appear to be very apt in the exciting and adventurous love story.  Told through the unusual format of various first person POVs,  A Ranger’s Tale is a story of trust—on many levels.  A father’s trust in his child, a husband’s trust in his wife, a young woman’s trust in her best friend…a good portion of the time that trust is betrayed but in the one case where it counts the most, it holds trust through much soul-searching is involved before this fact is realized.  All the characters are portrayed in great depth, with the first person form doing this to great advantage.

I was only going to read a couple of chapter to start; Once Galadin and Cali left Leogard, I was hooked, however.  I didn’t stop until I had gotten to the last page, looking for that Happy Ending I hoped was going to be there.  A Ranger’s Tale is the first book in this series, and it’s a great book, getting the stories off to a great start.


T.d. Jones (author of Hot Days) rated it 
A review for A Ranger's Tale

As I settled in bed with a warm cup of coffee and a book called A Ranger’s Tale by Mysti Parker, I was expecting a good story. I didn’t expect to not be able to quit reading it until the last page.
…Believe me when I say, there are surprises in this book I never saw coming. That to me is writing at its best. 
Ms. Parker writes A Ranger’s Tale with such clarity I felt like I was standing in the shadows of the room watching the chapters play out. I love how the writer lets the reader get to know each character and learn what they are thinking. 

If you are looking for a love story that takes you beyond the heart then A Ranger’s Tale is a great book to read.

Reviewed by Teresa D. Jones 

Please visit my Goodreads page to read the full reviews and leave your own for A Ranger’s Tale :

Or find A Ranger’s Tale on Amazon.com, available in Print and Kindle format:
http://www.amazon.com/A-Rangers-Tale-Tallenmere-ebook/dp/B004XJ5EI2/ref=pd_rhf_p_t_1

No comments:

Post a Comment

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.