Thursday, January 6, 2011

It's 4:30pm, Do You Know Where Your Blog Is?

I just thought that was a cool title. Actually, I've been thinking about negativity today. All those negative voices, people, attitudes that get in our way as writers, moms and dads, employees, and whatever we are. Negativity holds us back, keeps us from trying harder, makes us want to give up.

The worst for me is my own self-loathing and doubt. I don't care how many compliments or accomplishments I achieve, one setback will get me wallowing in the muck of self-pity. Anyone been there? Anyone there now? We can throw mud at each other. It's fun, really--my brother and I used to have mud fights as kids...

Back on track now--2011, among many of my baby step goals--is to try to let go of negativity. This will not be an easy task, not with years upon years of beating myself up over EVERYTHING. But I have to start somewhere. My family and friends deserve better than Mrs. Mopey over here.

While I don't expect to turn into Pippy Longstocking over night, breaking into a spontaneous musical over something as trivial as a bowl of ice cream, I expect to embrace more positive attitudes and people. Push the others away. Shoo! Off with you, lousy people and attitudes! (Wish it was that easy).

Your job, should you choose to accept it, is to point out when I start to morph into Mrs. Mopey again. Any time you see a whiny post here or on Facebook, or in conversation with me, whatever...just point it out, will you?

"Hey, Mrs. Mopey--what you all mopey for? Buck up and smile, please."

And I'll try to do the same for you. How's that sound?

8 comments:

  1. I'm with you, Mrs. Mopey, I mean Mysti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG! I'm a Mrs. Mopey big time.
    Funny you posted this and I find out right after whining on my writing blog. lol. Ok, I will join in to keep you accountable if you start going that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super! Though I was looking forward to a mud fight.

    Down with Mopey!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I undestand your sentiments only too well and am working hard on the law of attraction to move onwards and upwards. Here's to a positive and blossoming 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  5. From one 'down' human being to another. Mysti, been there a lot over the last decade - not a fun place to be. Just keep writing girl. That's my way of handling it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all go through such moments. Last weekend I watched the film "The secret"...again, and decided this is my year of being totally positive. We'll be here to support when you need a little push.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's hard to make the decision to be positive, but sometimes it is just that, a decision. Good luck!

    New follower...

    demitrialunetta.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice to meet you Mysti. I followed you over from Michael's blog. Too many of us had too many negative folks in our lives. I'm with you. "Mirror, mirror on the wall, who's the kindest of them all..."we need to interject whatever is opposite of the way we feel at the moment and then proclaim. "Me, me, me!"
    Nancy
    N. R. Williams, fantasy author

    ReplyDelete

***NOTICE*** Thanks to a spam bot infestation, every comment must now be subjected to a full-body search. If you pass, you can skip the anal probing...maybe.